Quality and environment in fruit and vegetable production
Nurture is an independent scheme launched by the TESCO international retail chain in 1992. The main aim of this scheme is to provide a guarantee to customers that fruit and vegetables from TESCO suppliers are grown in an environmentally responsible way. For this purpose, the scheme is based on the implementation of more restrictive requirements than those established in the legislation regarding the use of plant protection products and the upper residue limits of plant protection products in fresh products.
At the start of January 2017 the certification programme for suppliers of TESCO was included as an additional assessment module included in the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA V5 certification process and was renamed NURTURE MODULE V11. The new scheme recognises the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA V5 certification and incorporates an assessment of the specific requirements of TESCO. This formula makes it possible to carry out combined audits and therefore to obtain the certificates of both scopes in a single process (GLOBALG.A.P. IFA V5 + TESCO NURTURE MODULE V11).
Only certification authorities that are currently approved by the TESCO NURTURE programme, such as AENOR, can carry out combined audits within both scopes.
To build confidence in consumers about food safety, environmental and labour standards through the requirements established in the GLOBALG.A.P. protocol and their consolidation by means of a high level of demand that surpasses the legal requirements for the use of plant protection products.
- It inspires confidence in consumers.
- Guarantees access to markets.
- Compliance with the requirements established for product suppliers in the TESCO distribution chain.
- Reduces the number of inspections carried out by third parties due to distribution.
- More efficient and dynamic monitoring of food safety hazards.
- Enables compliance with relevant legislation:
- Expedites an efficient communication with all interested parties.
Time and cost savings in audits integrated with BRC, IFS, GRASP, ALBERT HEIJN, LEAF MARQUE.